Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Monday, November 8, 2010

Delicious Turkey Recipe

When I went shopping at Vons last week, I picked up an almost 20 lb Butterball Turkey for only $10.00 w/ my Vons Club Card. Since my family loves turkey so much, I thought I would make it for dinner tonight & we will have plenty of leftovers for turkey sandwiches & whatever other meals I come up with involving turkey for the next couple weeks.

We usually do not have many leftovers after Thanksgiving since our family is so large, so I wanted to start a little early this year. I have made this turkey recipe for the last 3 years & this is my families absolute favorite recipe. The meat is so tender & moist and it just falls apart. It has the best flavor too! If your interested in needing a good recipe for your Turkey this Thanksgiving, I will post this recipe below. :)



Homestyle Turkey, the Michigander Way (from allrecipes.com)

1 (12 pound or more) whole turkey
6 tablespoons butter, divided
4 cups warm water
3 tablespoons chicken bouillon
2 tablespoons dried parsley
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 tablespoons seasoning salt
I also add a little pepper & some garlic powder

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse and wash turkey. Discard the giblets, or add to pan if they are anyone's favorites.
2. Place turkey in a dutch oven or roasting pan. Separate the skin over the breast to make little pockets. Put 3 tablespoons of the butter on both sides between the skin & breast meat. This makes for very juicy breast meat.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the warm water with the bouillon. Sprinkle in the parsley and minced onion. Pour over the top of the turkey. Sprinkle seasoning salt over the turkey, pepper & garlic powder.
4. Cover with foil, and bake in the preheated oven 3 1/2 to 4 hours, until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 180 degrees F. For the last 45 minutes or so, remove the foil so the turkey will brown nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment