Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Delicious Sweet & Sour Chicken

As I was searching the internet for a good orange chicken recipe a few months back, I came across this one (I can't remember where I found it) and it has become one of our all time favorite meals. Even my kids LOVE it and they have been known to be pretty picky.

I've been asked for this recipe from several of you so here it is........























Sweet & Sour Chicken
Chicken breading:
3-5 chicken breasts
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
salt & pepper to taste
1/3 cup canola oil

Rinse chicken & cut into 1 inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet. Dip chicken into the cornstarch and coat well. Then dip it into the egg and place it in the skillet. Cook chicken until lightly browned on each side. Then place the chicken in a 9x13 baking dish. Time to prepare the sauce!

Sauce
3/4 cup white sugar
4 Tbsp ketchup
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp. garlic salt

Add all the sauce ingredients and whisk until smooth. Pour evenly over the chicken. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Take the chicken out and turn it over so both sides will be well coated. Bake for another 15 minutes.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment