Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lemon Bread

I have had several of you ask me for my Lemon Bread recipe so I'm finally getting around to posting it. I just made it the other day and I forgot to take a picture of it until it was all gone! :) Lemon Bread: 3/4 stick butter, 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, pinch salt, 1/2 cup milk, rind of 1 lemon finely grated, 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional), Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour into a greased bread pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Brush on top of bread when out of the oven: 2 Tbl. lemon juice mixed with 2 Tbl. sugar. Leave in pan until cool, then remove. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it...maybe this weekend if it cools down a bit. Oh, this is going to say it's from Nathaniel, but it's me--Areena :-)

    ReplyDelete