Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Everlasting Cole Slaw

I got a bag of shredded cabbage at the 99 cent store the other day and I was looking for a way to use it. I came across a recipe that my Grandma used to make when I was younger and it was a family favorite. I'm not a fan of creamy cole slaw, but I do like a good vinegar based cole slaw. I made this recipe tonight and it brought back many memories. It tasted just like how I remembered. I thought I would share this recipe. My Grandma was a great cook!




Everlasting Cole Slaw

1 med. head of cabbage (shredded)
1 green pepper (diced)
1 cup diced celery
1 diced onion

Toss together and then add this dressing

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. celery seed
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 cup oil

Heat together & cool. Add to cabbage and let set for several hours. This recipe keeps well at least 1 week. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment