Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Monday, January 9, 2012

Yummy French Toast



I went to the 99 cent store this weekend and picked up a loaf of Texas Toast Bread. I wanted to make french toast this week and I didn't want to pay the grocery store price of $3.58. That's why I love the 99 cent store. They carry lots of items & fresh produce for much cheaper than the grocery store. :)

This recipe is a replica from International House of Pancakes. I got the recipe out of my cookbook called Top Secret Restaurant Recipes by Todd Wilbur.

French Toast Recipe:
Serves 2 (can be doubled)

2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons butter
6 slices thick-sliced French bread
1 tablespoon powdered sugar

1. Beat the eggs in a large shallow bowl.
2. Add the milk, vanilla, flour, and salt to the eggs. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer. Be sure all the flour is well combined.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When the surface is hot, add about a teaspoon of butter.
4. Dip the bread, a slice at a time, into the batter, being sure to coat each side well. Drop the bread into the hot pan (as many as will fit at one time) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the surface is golden brown. Repeat with the remaining pieces of bread.
5. Cut each piece of toast in half diagonally. Arrange six halves of the toast on two plates by neatly overlapping the slices. Sprinkle about 1/2 tablespoon of powdered sugar over the tops on the toast slices on each plate. Serve with butter and syrup on the side.

Enjoy!

*The kids and I enjoyed this breakfast this morning served with fresh strawberries & blueberries. Yummy! :)

1 comment:

  1. My favorite french toast recipe has melted vanilla ice cream in with the eggs and milk. My GM at Chili's used to make it for us when we had meetings and it is soooo good. I do love good french toast with strawberries.

    ReplyDelete