Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall Is Finally Here

I can't believe that today is officially the first day of fall. It still doesn't feel like it, but I'm excited for the weather to change. I do not like the heat and I don't do well being outside in the heat. I love the rain, the cold weather and the nice breezy days. Oh, how I love fall! I'm looking forward to doing a lot more crock-pot cooking since the weather will be getting cooler. I plan on crock-pot cooking at least 2 times a week, if not more. I want to make lots of different kinds of soup (I love soups, especially in the winter) and I also want to try a lot of new recipes. I get tired of eating the same kind of food all the time, but I don't want to try new recipes or cook much with the oven during the summer. It's just too hot! Now......it's time to experiment! Experiment with new foods, textures, colors and varieties. My boys are very picky with eating veggies, so I'm going to start making vegetable puree' so I can add this to whatever dinner I am making so they will get the proper nutrition. They won't even know I am doing it! :) I also plan on making baby food too. I have done this in the past with my older two boys and it's just so much cheaper, healthier and it's easy.

I sometimes set myself up for a challenge in wanting to do too many things and I don't have the time to complete everything. Hopefully I will find the time to do all of this. Happy 1st day of Fall! :)

3 comments:

  1. I am sitting here sweating! Please fall come now!!! I want to make cozy food too. Hopefully the heat will end soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever checked this blog out? All Crock Pot Recipes!

    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Diane, I have checked out her website. It's great! I plan on using some of her recipes as well. Lots of good ones! :) Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete