Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Waffles

After having a fun & adventurous morning of garage selling with close friends, I was delighted to have them over for a nice & delicious breakfast! I found this recipe online and I've been anxious on wanting to try it out, so I made it this morning. It was FABULOUS! My kids LOVED it! This had just the perfect blend of spices to make it tasty, but not overbearing. It felt as if the holidays have already arrived and winter was here! :) I will definitely make this again real soon! I also made breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs, cheese, tator tots and bacon wrapped in a flour tortilla. Those were very tasty as well. We all enjoyed a little bit of everything. :p




Pumpkin Spice Waffles

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 pinch salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 2/3 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled

Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in large bowl. In a second bowl, add eggs, sugar, pumpkin, milk and butter; beat well. Gently fold in the flour mixture. Spoon in about 3/4 cup of batter into the waffle iron. Cook each waffle for 4-5 minutes. This recipe makes approximately 5 waffles on my waffle iron.

Additional Notes: I spray my waffle iron (top & bottom) well with non-stick spray or these will stick to the waffle iron and make a big mess. Also, be sure to leave these on at least four to five minutes. If you try to take them off sooner than that, they will not taste as good or set up nicely.


**I wanted to share with you on how happy I was to find some Christian books at the garage sales today for .50-$1.00 each. What an AWESOME find! What a Blessing it was to find them and I look forward to reading them:

The New Dare To Discipline by Dr. James Dobson
Parenting with Scripture; A Topical Guide for Teachable Moments by Kara Durbin
Sticky Situations; 365 Devotions for Kids and Families by Betsy Schmitt
Veggie Tales Bible Story Book by Zonderkidz (for the kids)

1 comment: