Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Monday, July 27, 2009

Super Sidewalk Paint

I was trying to find some creative ideas for outside play with my kids as well as my daycare kids. I wanted to save money, but also be able to make it with just a couple of common kitchen ingredients that do not cost very much. I came across this article in my magazine "Family Fun" for Super Sidewalk Paint! It works great and it's such a fantastic idea! The kids have such a great time painting the sidewalks making fun designs. Some other neat ideas are: design driveway murals, lay out roads for their bikes and toy cars or even decorate the walkways for the holidays. Simple huh? This makes for an easy clean-up and hours of fun! To wash the paint off, simply spray the area with water.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
Food coloring
Paintbrush

In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and cold water. Stir in as many drops of food coloring as you need to get your desired color. Repeat this process for each paint color.

Tip: You can also put it in a spray bottle and use it to color sand castles and snow sculptures.

Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try it! I just need to get food coloring. I think my food coloring got thrown out when we were packing everything up.

    ReplyDelete