Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Texas Sheet Cake Recipe

Here is the recipe many of you were asking me for this weekened! It will take me too long to email everyone individually, so I thought I would post it to my blog and link it to facebook. :)

This is by far our (both Scott and I) most favorite cake of all time. I am requested to make this for most holidays and parties we attend! I have to give thanks to my mother-in-law who gave me this recipe years ago!


TEXAS SHEET CAKE

(t.=teaspoon, T.= tablespoon)


1. Measure together & set aside:

2 cups flour

2 cups sugar

1/2 t. salt

1 t. baking soda



2. Bring to a boil:

2 sticks butter

1 cup water

4 T. Cocoa



3. In a small bowl beat:

2 eggs

1/2 cup milk

1 t. cider vinegar

1 t. vanilla


Add group 2 to group 1. Then add group 3. Beat well. Pour into greased cookie sheet (approx. 12x15). Bake at 375 for 20 minutes only. After cake has baked for 15 minutes, begin to make icing.


Icing:

1 stick butter (1/2 cup)

4 T. cocoa

6 T. milk


Then Add:

1# powdered sugar (4 cups, but I add a little more to equal about 5 cups total)

1 t. vanilla


Spread immediately on cake while hot. Sprinkle with chopped nuts is optional.



Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds super ymmy and relatively easy. I like that it only cooks for 20 minutes and you don't have to wait for it to cool to ice it. I may make this next time we host something. Thanks for sharing and I will be sure to give you all the credit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! Thanks for finally posting the recipe. Your Texas Sheet cake is so Yummy and I thuroughly enjoyed it on 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete