Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Nature Art

The boys and I were enjoying this fabulous weather this past week. We took walks outside (the boys call them "nature walks") and I gave them a list of things to find and collect. They did a great job and they had a blast in doing so. They found everything on the list which included: rocks, leaves, bark, sticks, flowers & acorns. I incorporated there nature walk with what they were learning in Cubbies (Awana's) to help them understand the meaning better. Their verse to remember was: God created the heavens & the earth Genesis 1:1.

Much to my surprise, my son Preston memorized his verse within the second time hearing it and he was excited to tell us all week what it was. The kids took all the nature items they found outside and glued them on the paper to make a collage. They LOVED it!






They had fun learning how to color over the paper with a leaf underneath to make a leaf imprint. It's so cute to see how excited they get once they see what it does.



I then let the boys color the rocks they found with their favorite color. Of course........Preston's favorite color is blue! His saying is "Mommy, I'm so in to blue". :)



He was making sure he was coating his rock real good with paint so he wouldn't leave any open spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment