Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Best Philly Cheese Steaks

I'm always searching for new recipes to make and I came across this one and it looked delicious. I made it last week and it was a BIG hit in our family! Even my boys loved it and they are very picky eaters! I will definitely be making this again real soon!!! :)

Philly Cheese Steaks

1 lb. steak (you can use any cut, just make sure you slice it real thin)
2 Tbsp. butter
1 green bell pepper
1 medium yellow onion
White cheese (mozzarella, swiss or provolone- I used monterey jack)
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Hot sauce (like Tabasco or Cholula)
4-6 Hoagie rolls

Slice bell peppers and onions; set aside. Heat 2 Tbsp. butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add steak and season with salt and lots of freshly ground pepper. When meat is about half-cooked, add peppers and onions. Stir occasionally, cooking until most of the liquid is evaporated and meat is cooked through. Season with hot sauce to taste (I used Cholula, it's not as hot as Tabasco, but still gives it a great flavor with a bite)

Slice buns and spoon steak mixture inside. Top with cheese and place under broiler for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is slightly toasty.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment