Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our New Frog Encouragement/Reward Mailbox

Isn't this frog just adorable! I was shopping at Michael's Arts & Crafts getting some last minute Valentine's Day supplies the other day and I came across this. It's a Valentine's Day Mailbox for a kids classroom. What a cute idea! And of course, I got it on CLEARANCE! :)

I thought of an idea that I could use this Frog Mailbox with my kids. We are starting to use this as an Encouragement/Rewards Mailbox! Having 3 boys ages 3 and under can be challenging at times, but it sure can be so much fun too! I want to encourage them and reward them with their good behavior and good attitude towards each other. So.......everyday I will write down on a piece of paper something that Mommy was proud of them for doing or saying, but I will also write down something if I see the boys acting or doing inappropriate behavior as well.

At the end of the week, we will take all these love notes :) and tally them up to see how many "Good vs. Bad (what they need to work on)" notes we have all together. If they have more good vs. bad, then they are rewarded with a popcorn and movie night either on Friday or Saturday nights with an extended bed time as well. I find that this is what my boys look forward to each week and I do not want to reward them if they haven't had a good week. I also find that if we read out load what they have done good and what they need to work on, then I'm hoping they will make more of a conscious effort on doing better and think about their actions before doing so.

This seems like a good idea to me, so we started it today! We will see how it goes. What do you think? Can you share with me some of your ideas or ways you reward your children to keep them on track?!?!

By the way, my older son loves frogs so that's why I picked this one when I saw it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment