Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Friday, July 30, 2010

My Little Tiff w/ Rite-Aid, But Problem Solved!

I went to Rite-Aid on Wednesday evening to purchase a few items with my coupons and I ended up having problems. Coupon problems that is. I was purchasing an Ace wrap for $3.99 and Rite-Aid had an in-store coupon for $4.00 off. The cashier would not accept my coupon because it was over the purchase price. I told her she would just need adjust the coupon down to $3.99. She said they are not allowed to price adjust coupons. For Peet's sake.......it's only a penny difference! Anyhow, I wasn't going to be happy being told NO, knowing that this is legit. She went to ask the manager and the manager told her it can't be done. So, I gracefully walked out after I purchased my 4 bottles of Men's Nivea Body Wash for free & just paid the sales tax. I was happy to get that, but I wasn't going to walk away quietly.

I contacted Rite-Aid Corporate office yesterday by email because I wanted to find out about their coupon policy. I was surprised to get a response back so quickly. I had the manager from Rite-Aid contact me today by phone (a different one than wed.) asking me to explain what I was trying to do. After I told her, she was very quick to apologize to me stating that her cashier's and other manager were obviously not aware of their coupon policy and they need additional training. She will make sure that this will not happen again. It's sad to see that I know more about their coupon policy than their own employees!

Needless to say, I'm a happy camper and problem got solved. You better believe I will be back there either tonight or tomorrow getting my free Ace wraps along with some other items I will be getting free along with my coupons. Hopefully those cashier's will either not remember me or give me dirty looks when I walk back in & hand them coupons knowing they have to accept it now. :)

Thank You Rite-Aid Corporate Office!

1 comment:

  1. I had to explain how the coupons work at Rite Aid before but they were able to fix it for me right there.

    ReplyDelete