Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Friday, July 1, 2011

A Fantastic Book: Chrissie's Shell

I took the boys to Story Time at Berean this morning. To be honest with you, I wasn't even sure if I wanted to leave the house today. It's been a rough week & the boys have been acting up a lot. After it was all said & done, I'm glad I ended up going. The boys (and I) had a great time & Jeremiah got his name drawn for a free book called "Chrissie's Shell".

Chrissie's Shell is about a little turtle with a big problem: she believes her shell is empty. She spends her days comparing herself with other animals and imagining what it would be like to be them, only to end up disappointed again and again when she finds she cannot transform herself into someone new. At last, Chrissie is ready to give up all hope she has a conversation with God. She begs him to change her into a creature like the wonderful animals she has seen, but God has something better in mind. God directs her to the pond, where Chrissie finally captures a vision of herself as God sees her. She realizes her shell is not empty after all and that God loves her just the way she is.

This books gives such a WONDERFUL message to little ones! (and us adults as well)! BE your self.. Never want to be anything or anyone else... Because we are who god MADE us to be! *(Psalm 139:14 NIV) I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.*

No comments:

Post a Comment